Sunday, August 20, 2017

Osaka Marathon 2017!!!

So awhile ago, I tried my luck for the Osaka Marathon 2017 ballot... you know, just tryyyy nie lar since I know it is quite unlikely to get it because I've tried balloting for Tokyo Marathon twice before and failed both times T.T

This round, when I received an email with the Osaka Marathon subject title, my heart was beating so damn fast I think I almost died! Scary as hell! Even before opening the email to read hahah! The feeling is exactly like the scary feeling you have seconds before your exam result is being revealed LOL! And soooooo, since I can write a post just for this, meaning I get to join Osaka Marathon!!!! Woooooooooooottttttssssssssssssss yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!! Omg the amount of excitement that went through me at the point of time when I read the email content, was ecstatic!

Getting to run in one of the bigger marathon events has always been my dream! Now this will be the first big event ever for me! I hope there's more coming soon hehehe... Of course there's always price to pay for everything la kan? I literally mean price price. The cost to join big events like this is 5 (FIVE) times more than the average runs I joined, and I only mean the registration costs :/ For this Osaka Marathon, the registration fee itself costs almost RM600 after conversion. Madness right?!! =_= But watodo, once in a lifetime kinda thing so mati-mati also I must go hahaha! 

If you think the registration fee is insane, wait till you see the plane ticket -_-














Click pic to enlarge....to see the damn expensive ticket

A one-way ticket back from Japan costs about JPY245,000 (equivalent to almost RM10,000!) and this is the price for just economy seat (and one-way)! Madness! Of course I can opt to fly with Airasia or MAS where both cost about RM3,000 for 2-ways ticket la but then, you wanna experience Japan Airline flight mahh when you're in Japan -_-" 

Conclusion, will end up taking AA or MAS for sure haha! So excitement aside, it is time to plan for the whole Japan trip - How many days to go? Which area to cover? How long is needed to cover each area? Tokyo or no Tokyo? Day trip to some places or should put up a night? USJ or Disneyland (hehehe)? OMG so much research to do! But it's okaylar, it's for an exciting course so no complaints hahah!

Time for some intensive training! 

No comments:

Post a Comment