Monday, August 21, 2017

Run: Mybuddies Run 2017 review

Completed Mybuddies Run yesterday and boy I was so happy! I ran the half marathon category and guess what?! I won the 7th place in my category! Wooooooooots! Actually it was really beyond my expectation because I wasn't really prepared for this run. My last run was 3 weeks ago and since then, I was away for my birthday retreat for about 10 days :/ so over the duration, there was no training at all except for once very short one.

So after I got back from the holiday, I went to gym for 5 consecutive days before the run. But then due to the time constraint and laziness lol, I could only do 20-30 minutes on average on the treadmill and twice about 40 minutes. I thought that wouldn't be good enough because it is too close to the race day and it will only help a little in picking back up my stamina. But then I guess I was wrong haha! On the race day, I felt really good after the flag-off. And I felt good all the way to the finish line. But then hor, halfway through the run (about the 15km mark), I started to feel sleepy la wtf. Thanks to my bad habit of not being able to sleep the night before almost EVERY single run la wtfwtf! For this run, I felt really sleepy the night before and went to bed at 12.30am. And no surprise, I didn't get a single second of sleep and decided to just wake up at 4am to go get ready =_="

In every run, it is important to "feel good". If you don't feel that way, meaning it is not your day. You just gotta run and suffer all the way to the finish line. At least that is how it is for me lar I dunno about the rest of the runners. 

I think I did quite well lar yesterday. I stopped at 4 out of 6 water stations to rehydrate and didn't stop to walk at all. Was running the whole time nia heeee... Here's how I did and the result!

 My pace for every km

 The running route

Mybuddies run result
7th place out of 166 qualified runners
(Full result can be found here: https://results.sporthive.com/events/6303141485025986816

Here's my feedback on the run:
Run name: Merdeka MyBuddies Run 2017
Distance: 21km
Price: RM63
Venue: MAEPS, Serdang
Finisher tee: Yes

Route: Quite a number of uphills but bearable. Few crossroads with vehicles, but there were marshals/ polices to direct the traffic
Water station: 6 nos. (every 3km). Serves isotonic drinks and plain water
Other items: Fruits at one of the water stations. No power gel and sponge

Positive feedback:
1. The drinks served at the most of the water stations were ice cold...and that is really important for me! It really helps to boost my energy when I have cold drinks!
2. The crews/ volunteers were friendly and helpful. Thumbs up!
3. Good lucky draw prizes giveaway (even a car and motorbikes!) even though I didn't win anything lol.

Negative feedback:
1. Too crowded during the run. It was quite pack especially during the part where the 21km and 10km runners merge.
2. Long queue during medal collection - Not really a problem for me coz I completed the run quite early but it is a huge problem for those completed later. They had to queue under the hot sun to collect the medals for both the 21km and 5km category.
3. The t-shirt measurement chart during registration differs with what was published on the official website and with the actual t-shirt given. T-shirt is waty too big.
4. No crew to monitor the top 10 runners crossing the finish line. Made me miss the chance of getting onto the stage to collect my prize T__T
5. Sound system during the whole event day was lousy. Couldn't hear what the emcee said clearly even during the lucky draw.

Will I join this run again in the future? For now, it might be a no. Let's wait for next year to see if it can impress me enough to register again or not hahah!

No comments:

Post a Comment